Well this was unexpected!
The lovely Hannah at Hannarchy has nominated me for a Brotherhood of the World Blogger Award! I’ve never done anything like this before but it’s exciting and seems like a nice way to share some other bloggers I love to follow!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to his/her blog.
- List the rules of the award and post a picture of the award.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers and be sure to let them know.
- Write a list of questions of your nominees to answer.
Here’s the answers to the questions I was given…
- What is a piece of advice you would give yourself 5 years ago?This is a tricky one to be honest! Gosh 5 years ago I was just about to move out into our first flat in the city! I guess it would be not to rush and take my time with everything. I was adamant everything had to be perfect but I’m learning things turn out better when they’re laboured on over time.
- What is the goal of your blog? To be honest I blog just because I enjoy it. If other people enjoy it then that is great too! But I just like sharing certain things like my days out etc and it’s also nice to have those memories catalogued on here.
- What is a piece of advice you would give to a blogger just starting out? Keep going! I’ve nearly quit so many times, but I’ve only found it difficult because I’ve set certain expectations of myself. No one else is putting on pressure except yourself so keep going!
- Who was your inspiration to start a blog? Diana at Our Vintage Home Love. She doesn’t post much any more on her blog but her instagram is beautiful. She’s so passionate about her home and you can see why! Find her
- If you had the opportunity to make your blog a full time job, would you do it? And why? I think I would purely because it is something I enjoy doing and it would be great to have a career doing something I’m so in to.
- What setting from a book or movie would you like to live in or experience? If I could, I would live in North Carolina where a lot of Nicholas Sparks books are set and films are located. It always looks so idyllic and romantic – the perfect location!
- What is your biggest regret? I know some people just day this, but I honestly don’t regret anything I’m my life. I wouldn’t be who I am today or have the relationships with people I have today if it wasn’t for everything I’ve done in the past. I’ve learnt from mistakes but I don’t have regrets.
- If you could magically just be better at something/skill what would it be and why? Painting. I used to love drawing when I was little but I was never very good with painting and I think it would be a very therapeutic thing to do.
- What is your definition of a successful life? Being happy. If you’re happy with your lot then it must have been a success, especially if you have people around you to share it with.
- What is the best gift you could receive? I’ve already received my greatest gift and that was my little dog Woopy who we got around the time of my birthday in 2015. She’s our baby.
My 10 nominations are:
- The Emma Edit
- Kerry Life and Loves
- Brooke Clarke
- Simple Serenity
- The Good The Fab and The Lovely
- That Feeling Inside
- What Abby Says
- Pale Girl Rambling
- Diary of the Mad Katter
If you’re nominated, your questions are:
- If you could be anywhere on earth where would it be?
- What inspired you to first start blogging?
- What’s the best film you’ve ever seen and why?
- What’s been your greatest achievement with blogging?
- If you could have a super power what would it be and why?
- What’s your must have items when you sit to write a blog post?
- Who inspired you to first begin blogging?
- If you could be an animal what would you be?
- If you could make a career out of blogging, would you, or have you?
- If you were to win the lottery, what would you spend the money on?
Thank you again Hannah!